AbleDesign - Services
The web can be incredibly exciting, or it can be painfully dull. More often than not, the deciding factor is interactivity, i.e. features that allow the customer to dictate what he or she views. If your site lacks interactivity, will visitors return? Not too likely. One can only read the same page of static text so many times before losing interest. Be it discussion forums, guestbooks, databases, etc., we will set up and customize the CGI/Perl scripts necessary to make your web site spring to life.
We also offer our own selection of scripts, either standard or customized to meet your needs.
Here are some examples of third-party scripts we would be happy to install for you. Each demo link will open a new window, so you can easily come back to this page.
- DBMan - A very versatile Database Script. Virtually no limit to the applications it can handle and the manners in which it can be customized. This is purely a demo installation. For a working example, visit Run-Down's Training Partner/Resource Locator or Food and Health Communication's Online Store.
- Links - Create your own mini Yahoo! with this powerful portal script. The demo on this site is a very small installation of Links 2 (flatfile database). Visit Run-Down's Running Links installation with over 10,000 running links, all indexed, easily searchable, and waiting to be rated. Run-Down is now using Links SQL, a high-powered MySQL version of Links 2.
- Download managers & email click through trackers - Control access to pay-for-use files and monitor the popularity of email promotions.
- Custom databases for a variety of applications. We can power your site with ReSearch or a generic database like Food and Health Communication's Searchable Recipes.
- Access Statistics (Hit Logs) - Use behind-the-scenes software to track visitor demographics and activity patterns. Market research has never been easier!
- Discussion Forums - Widely regarded as the best method to build a community of repeat traffic, a knowledge base, and confidence in your expertise. Let us know what features you want, and we'll help you to select and set up the most appropriate forum software.
- Feedback Forms - Sure, email works okay, but having a feedback form is much more friendly to use and very professional looking. Give your customers a convenient way to get in touch with you and pursue your offerings. This is the way to have someone standing behind your virtual store counter, but with no overhead. Take a look at our contact form for an example.
- Calendars - An effective tool for organizing schedules and events. You can even let people add their own events to the calendar.
- Polls and Voting - Everyone likes to give their input. An oddity of the internet is how irresistible a simple poll can be.
AbleDesign guarantees a web site that excels! Get a FREE consultation today!